1 January 2012

A very special Christmas Card using Stampin' Up! Christmas Lodge Stamp

It's special because its for our "special" family friends, the Shillolo's who hail from northern Ontario!  To celebrate their northern home, I thought the CHRISTMAS LODGE STAMP SET was an excellent stamp to use for them!


I was also dying to try stamping with a duo of red ink and clear embossing powder!!!  I'd seen this on a card example and decided it was really a nice technique.


GATED CARD FOLD as my preferred choice because it allows me to use so many techniques, and I love the fact that they can remove the belly band - open the card and  the tree is revealed!  I really pained myself to add the teeny tiny bells in just the right way here, but I did say this was special, ha ha!


The card will have a micro fold to create depth and will require a bit of fussy packing into the envelope to secure it properly but I knew that going into this project, so I was prepared.


Now I'll just post the pictures to share - enjoy!


The tree in its glory! 


.....the bells strung with Bakers Twine...


...the Christmas Lodge Belly Band
Cardstock is Crumb Cake and Soft Suede plus Very Vanilla....


....the reveal!....


Red embossed tree with clear gem stones!  See how the red makes a lovely tree?  Who knew!  I stamped the tree and cut it out and used pop-dots to elevate it over the embossed background. 
A small amount of patience for such a large amount of friendship to send to friends!  


I am glad to report the card made it just fine! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: