15 April 2012

T-Slider Birthday Card featuring Sweet Cake Stamp Set

*Helloooo!


I want to feature some more products from Stampin' Up!'s OCCASIONS MINI CATALOGUE as it is only current until the end of  April!    So for now I want to return to the SWEET SHOP {Product Suite pg 32 - 36}and show you another idea!


I am using the SWEET CAKE Stamp Set - I really like this set because a) it has a large size stamp and b) the 3 sentiments are all-around good ones to have  and c) the sentiments look really nice in the little frame underneath the cupcake image.  I am using some of the SWEET SHOP Designer Series Paper.  


Lastly...I found a 'sweet' spot to use a charm from the TRINKET HEARTS set.  See pg 26 of the mini!  




And all this is for one special reason -
 it's my DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY CARD !!!

Of course I want to make it special and to dig up something different, I spent about an hour surfing the net and that is how I cam e across this fascinating " interactive " technique!!  I watched a YouTube project which
showed how to do a T-SLIDER  CARD.  Its a Splitcoaststampers video  which you may want to watch.  My next post I am going to show the steps I took to make this card so you might want to check in again here.  I have to say this technique is either easy or hard - depending on your experience. I found it hard to follow the steps in the video but that's just me. Once I broke it down correctly and if I repeat the project again , I think it is actually an easy card but which takes patience and time.  BUT THE RESULTS ARE WORTH IT!   IT IS A WOW STYLE CARD!!!  

Eh?



There it is!   Her Birthday Party Hat is in the background all ready to use for her birthday party!  

Now here is the fun part - she pulls the tab on the right side, and the front panel comes forward revealing the surprise element beneath......


HOW FUN IS THAT!!!

So come back to benefit from the photos I took as I made this card - I'll post those next! 
Also I developed a little 'trick' of my own to share :)

Oh - and don't forget, we've only....15 days of our Mini Catty left!!!!  

Thanks for coming by!!!!
**


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: